Lloyd Metcalf Inc.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Supplies on sale

Today just a quick post to share my latest discovery for supplies. It's true that I get a lot of my supplies from Lowes or Home Depot. There are many things that just can't be had at home supply and hardware stores though. Particularly fine brushes, paint, pigment, and mediums.
I have recently discovered Mr. Art. Prices are pretty sweet, even for higher end Acrylics and oils.

The listed supplies on their website are far too extensive to cover. I have been perusing and drooling over much of their listed stock. I have seen a few things priced better, but most seem very fair. Even compared to the local craft store "deals". When it comes to pigment and paint, the artist gets what they pay for. More money, usually means more pigment. High pigment means purer color and better opacity, for less paint used. Essentially, buying cheaper paint is similar to buying expensive paint (takes more paint to cover). buying the quality saves a lot of time and frustration.

All this aside, the prices on paper, sketchbooks, canvas, and other supplies seem very nice on Mr. Art. I am working on putting together my own order as I work on getting the studio in order for warmer paint filled days.

No comments:

Post a Comment