Lloyd Metcalf Inc.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Studio - Back in Action

Maine finally decided to release its wintery grip and things came to life at every turn. The fuel of creativity woke up with the spring and I just could not wait to hit the studio and get some work done.
   Last night I found myself milling about, clearing some space and trying to figure out what all the stacks of sketches, torn paper and tools were doing in their various piles. Once these were sorted through an older idea came to mind, and that was to do a series of smaller pieces.
  I cut 10 boards and Gesso'ed a layer in place. A couple more layers to go and work can begin on these.
I really am anxious to get started and have had to remind myself to be patient, enjoy the process, and take things one step at a time. I have been keeping my nose in  a small sketch book I picked up a month back. I have a long string of possibilities in place for these smaller pieces.
   There is still some cleaning and much organizing to do around the studio, but it's in quarter swing anyway, full swing soon to follow. I have had a wave of inspiration lately of new techniques and loosening up of the styles to make new work that will blow your head!

No comments:

Post a Comment