Lloyd Metcalf Inc.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spreading the Art

Headline - Portland Maine
 This is truly going to be the Summer of art. not just for myself but a number of friends and colleagues. I am hearing quite a buzz floating around about the upcoming tourist season and art walks that can make or break a "Starving Artist".

This Summer I am making myself available to do guerrilla art show events. So if anyone has a connection to an empty space in or around Portland. I need to know about it.

The plan is to do weekend shows (usually 2 days) with all sorts of buzz and promotions. We grab the space, go in, prep it, fix it up enough to have a presentation. Do the show, make the sales, clean up and get out. I have been in touch with some folks who create music, and do performance pieces to make the event fully immersible art.

The ad is running in the movie theater but I really need everyone and anyone to spread the word, and keep an ear to the ground for a space..... just a place to show the work, hopefully sell a little.

Lets make it happen! Email me for details if you have a lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment