Lloyd Metcalf Inc.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Art and promotions

    I have been whirling around in my head just recently ways that artists and creative business people promote themselves. I keep hearing the words Moo Cards.
I am sure moo is a great company, with many advantages and attractive features. I am not here to bash the moo quality or product at all.

It DOES seem to me however, that a connection to a good print house should be pretty high on a creative professionals list of "things to do".
   I have a couple of places that I have sent to work for print, and I am always amazed at the options and exciting possibilities of walking into a local print shop and talking to the printers themselves.

    I have found my local printers to be personally invested and interested in the products and projects I am working on.

My short post & thought for the day... buy local print local.... or at least try it, you might be surprised. If all else fails.... there is Moo.

1 comment:

  1. People use moo for LOTS of creative reasons - they make awesome additions to small displays, people collect them, artists treat them like ATC's, they have a beautiful surface feel so they are very tactile, when you order a pack u can have a different image on each card. Local is great! I do that as much as as I can with as many products as I can. Promotion media are like cars....u pick the ones that meet your needs.

    ReplyDelete