Lloyd Metcalf Inc.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A double whammy!

It has been quite some time since I have updated the old blog, which also updates the front of the website.
Shame on me... but this is good news, it means work is coming in to keep Ol' Spratt' busy.

To reward your patience, Enjoy a couple pieces that I recently have finished.
A monacled Goblin. Maybe a little contradictory, but I was thinking perhaps the monacle might be an object of "true seeing" or perhaps "Treasure finding", and this character seems to just create his own backstory just looking at the image.


The second is the Flesh Xorn. A creature related to the Xorn, but from the plane of flesh (or some such similar place). The problem with resizing things for blogs and web, is the loss of detail.
I particularly enjoyed working on the mouth parts for this one, and they are lost on the wide angle view.
I am not sure where I will use this creature, but I assure you, it will be a rather uncomfortable encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment