Lloyd Metcalf Inc.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Vampiric illustration

When a friend included me in a Facebook message regarding his work on some writing regarding a vampire in the 40's I thought, "Sure, you need some illustration, why not? I only have 4 other jobs to do right now..Maybe I will do this someday when I have time."
Then I couldn't get the descriptions out of my brain.
Daily I try to paint or draw SOMETHING... ANYTHING... just to keep the wheels turning and the steam flowing. without even looking at the last project I had going I started the illustration.
I really was enjoying keeping things painterly through various methods. I ended up with the above image.
Perhaps there is a little room for "tightening", but over-all I felt good about the result for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment