Lloyd Metcalf Inc.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

It is what it is: An Art Show

An upcoming art showing for Lloyd Metcalf opening July 8th. The idea of crawling before you can walk comes to mind.
Instead of running straight for the brightest light, why not head for the one you can put your hands around and follow the path that lights up?
The West Buxton Public Library has been kind enough to offer me a showing of my work that will hang for the entire month of July.
This means the studio will be a buzz of activity (once I beat down this cold bug) and the work will be some of my best yet. Already I am pleased with the work that I have been producing and I have been very inspired to keep the ball rolling in new directions for the future.
"It is what it is" Is refelctive of the more well known saying that I feel some of the more refined artists use, "I think the work speaks for itself".
This show will be a mixed bag and mixed genre of work that is the explosion of creativity that has stricken me recently. There will be photography, pen & ink drawings, digital art prints, and full size paintings of Acrylics and Oils. I am not even sure what else.... because it just "Is what it is" A showing of my work.
The idea of starting more locally and creating a local buzz seems more of a logcal step than throwing the little fish into the big pond. Why not work on growing the little fish in the little pond first?

It should be a great evening and a better month. All the work will be for sale, with some of the profits going to benefit the library (not required... my decision). With this no cost option, of a showing, that leaves me with a little budget for the opening itself and some publicity.
Details to follow soon (fb event and all that) until then.... mark a place on your calendars July 8th 6:00 PM at the West Buxton Public Library.

34 River Road
Buxton, ME 04093
(207) 727-5898

see you there!

1 comment: